X Marks the Spot
I went for a walk to clear my mind. As I walked I prayed,
Dear Lord,
I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what you are asking me to do. I want to serve you, fulfill the purpose you designed for me. Couldn’t you give me a clue? A message? A sign?
And the contrails in the sky wrote, “Hi.”
I heard [Esther 4:14 CSB,] “Who knows, perhaps you have come to your royal position for such a time as this.”
But Lord, I’m not poised in a royal position. I don’t have anything to offer for such a time as this.
And I heard [Matthew 6:34 CSB,] “Don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself.”
I know Lord, I’m trying to trust that you have all this under control. No, I know you do because You said so, but maybe past decisions and choices were big mistakes and I don’t know how to fix them!
And again I heard [2 Corinthians 5:17 CSB,] “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, and see, the new has come!”
And the contrails made Xs in the sky over and over again. X marks the spot. I am here today, right now at this very moment, in this very season, by God’s design. He doesn’t make mistakes, there are no accidents or coincidences. X marks the spot so BE. Be patient, Be in the moment, Be present with the Lord right here, right now. Let the what ifs and whys slip away.
And I said, [Psalm 118:24 CSB] “This is the day the Lord has made; let’s rejoice and be glad in it.” Thank you, Lord.
And the sky answered, X.
(*X is the symbol for the letter 'chi. ' Chi (or X) is the first letter in the Greek word for Christ. In the early days of the Christian church, Christians used the letter X as a secret symbol to indicate their membership in the church to others.)



No comments:
Post a Comment